Kinds of sentences and punctuation: strategies for pupils
Punctuation abilities are intellectual actions expressed in determining the area of a indication and its own choice, when composing a text, for the intended purpose of the structural and division that is semantic.
Punctuation abilities include:
- – the capacity to get communicative units and denote their boundaries punctuation that is using provided the prospective environment and emotional color of statements;
- – the capacity to locate structural and semantic sections that require allocation punctuation that is using;
- – the capability to place punctuation marks prior to the learned rules;
- – the capacity to substantiate alternatives for setting punctuation marks;
- – the capability to look for a punctuation space and justify the setting and choice associated with necessary punctuation mark;
- – the capability to discuss the punctuation associated with the proposition and text;
- – the capability to locate, explain punctuation errors and proper them.